Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced
Re: Chauvet Rogue FX-B
Rex
September 23, 2016 05:41PM
Here are some things to tinker with; it's close, it should work but I can't understand why it's not?

I've managed to get the HES ShapeShifter working with 5 independent 'petals' working with their 'ShiftX' and 'ShiftY' attributes by embedding an 'axis helper' in the LED object. The object is the 'MovingPath-Rotate-X' helper. I put the same helper in the ShapeShifter LED object and it worked as expected. When I do the same to the 6 instance profile it does not function as I expect; it does not 'tilt' or rotate'.

To get it working in the ShapeShifter was pretty easy actually. In the profile, under the "SHIFTX" and "SHIFTY" functionsets, I changed the SUBATTRIBUTE[which is what gets visualized in MA3D] to the MP_ROT_X naming convention for the SUBATTRIBUTE and the ATTRIBUTE associated with it. It worked quite well.

With this fixture, which had numerous "TILTn" attributes, the same process does not work. Even though the asset has the helper embedded, I could not get the profile's 'subattributes' set correctly to have it visualize.

To see how I set up the HES ShapeShifter, navigate to FixtureShare and download my copy of it and examine it in an Editor. Search for MP_ROT_X and MP_ROT_Y to see how few times the pointers are needed in the functionset.

Those 'pointers' refer directly to the embedded 'Axis Helper' objects I embedded in the fixture model. In the ShapeSHifter referring to it caused the control to function and the object rotated with the encoder. In this fixture; not so much. I have no idea the correct sequence of keystrokes to get the realworld fixture to activate never having seen it in person.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2016 05:46PM by Rex.
Attachments:
open | download - chauvet@rogue_r1_fx-b@single-advanced.xml (1.59 MB)
open | download - Rex_Chauvets[3005].gmamedia (26.4 KB)
Subject Author Posted
Chauvet Rogue FX-B rklight11 September 21, 2016 10:42PM
Re: Chauvet Rogue FX-B Rex September 22, 2016 01:33AM
Re: Chauvet Rogue FX-B rklight11 September 22, 2016 01:42AM
Re: Chauvet Rogue FX-B Rex September 22, 2016 05:52PM
Re: Chauvet Rogue FX-B Attachments Rex September 23, 2016 05:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login