Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced
Fixture profile/model precision in 3D - are some better than others?
October 23, 2021 06:02AM
Background - I have a boatload of Martin Mac Viper wash and profile fixtures. I have been painfully meticulous placing them in 3D space along with a model of the annoyingly irregular outdoor space (with lots of trees n stuff), flipped all the appropriate "phys" parameters in the fixture module manager... in the past, this would have been more than enough to get a great calibration result with stuff that wasn't Martin Mac Viper, but in this case the calibration places my hang positions sixty meters in the air and 20 meters past the origin. Obviously something is amiss, and I need to revise the ranges in the fixture profiles with hands-on bench measurements.

Which I will do, but the space also has a fairly large cap-ex spend coming up, and one of the first items is replacing the profiles, then later the washes, with an LED source line of luminaires. Does anyone have experience/knowledge with which manufacturers are spot-on with their fixture info, for a seamless alignment between the virtual and real world? We're going to get some profiles to play with ahead of the purchase, so I wanted to see who we should be hitting up. Martin and Robe were the first to come to mind, but anyone else is game too.

Any advice appreciated
Subject Author Posted
Fixture profile/model precision in 3D - are some better than others? DredheadV3.0 October 23, 2021 06:02AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login