Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced
Re: Positioning, saving, backing up, without leaving Patch
May 19, 2021 09:30PM
> How do I save---or can I---a copy of the MA2 onPC showfile to a usb or my hard drive for backup?

Press [Backup], then the tools on the 'Internal' tab apply to the hard drive of the computer / console, and the tools on the 'USB' tab (may say the name of your USB stick if you have given it a name) apply to the connected USB stick.

> While positioning fixtures in the "Fixtures Position" window in MA2 onPC how can I see the positioned
> fixtures in MA3D as I position them without having to exit the patch and save the showfile every time
> I want to see them in MA3D?
>
> Another related question is, how do I "save" "positioning" without having to exit the patch, so I can
> just position a fixture, do a save; position another fixture or two, do a save; etc. without the
> mechanics of having to reload the patch every time I do a save?

Instead of using 'Patch & Fixture Schedule', use 'Patch only (Live)' for this. The changes will take place immediately without you needing to exit patch.

> Is there an auto-save on a timer in MA2 onPC?

Yes. Press [Backup] and you'll find it in the lower right corner of the Backup menu.

> And, how, or can, I convert MA2 onPC---not MA3D---from Meters to Feet for positioning things?

You cannot. grandMA2 is locked to meters for positioning. MA3D is the one that has the option to change units. You could do the position of fixtures in MA3D if you wanted though.

--

Ryan Kanarek
Technical Support
ACT Entertainment
support (at) actentertainment (dot) com
Subject Author Posted
Positioning, saving, backing up, without leaving Patch Druoo May 19, 2021 09:13PM
Re: Positioning, saving, backing up, without leaving Patch Ryan Kanarek May 19, 2021 09:30PM
Re: Positioning, saving, backing up, without leaving Patch Attachments Druoo May 22, 2021 09:21PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login